12 RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS

12 RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ SYMBOLS OF TWELVE MAJOR WORLD RELIGIONS ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

26.10.10

SPIRITUAL VISIONS


SRI RAMAKRISHNA IN TRANCE
 SRI RAMAKRISHNA’S FIRST VISION OF GOD:
When Sri Ramakrishna was first appointed priest of Kali temple his whole current of his mind began to flow towards Divine Mother. In the agony of his restlessness for the vision of God he vowed to the Divine Mother that he would kill himself if he did not see God.
He expressed later about what happened at the peak of his longing for the vision of God. He said, ‘as if some one had hold of my heart and mind, and was wringing them like a wet towel. Afflicted with the thought that I might never have Mother’s vision, I thought there was, then, no use in living this life.
My eyes fell on the sword on the wall of the Mother’s temple. I made up my mind to end my life that very moment. Like one ran and caught hold of it, when suddenly I had the wonderful vision of the Mother and fell down unconscious. I did not know what happened then in the external world – how that day and the next slipped away. But in my heart of hearts there was flowing a current of intense bliss, never experienced before, and I had the immediate knowledge of the light that was Mother.’

No comments: