12 RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS

12 RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ SYMBOLS OF TWELVE MAJOR WORLD RELIGIONS ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

16.10.10

VISIONS

Having faith in God is very vital factor in one’s spiritual life. Our faith in God will increase manifold when we come across spiritual Visions and Experiences of enlightened persons and incarnations. Sri Ramakrishna who is regarded and worshiped worldwide as God-incarnate had innumerable spiritual experiences daily. They are great inspiration for all spiritual aspirants. 

SRI RAMAKRISHNA’S FIRST VISION OF GOD:
SRI RAMAKRISHNA IN ECSTASY

MOTHER KALI
When Sri Ramakrishna was first appointed priest of Kali temple his whole current of his mind began to flow towards Divine Mother. In the agony of his restlessness for the vision of God he vowed to the Divine Mother Kali that he would kill himself if he did not see God.
He expressed later about what happened at the peak of his longing for the vision of God. He said, ‘as if some one had hold of my heart and mind, and was wringing them like a wet towel. Afflicted with the thought that I might never have Mother’s vision, I thought there was, then, no use in living this life.
My eyes fell on the sword on the wall of the Mother’s temple. I made up my mind to end my life that very moment. Like one ran and caught hold of it, when suddenly I had the wonderful vision of the Mother and fell down unconscious. I did not know what happened then in the external world – how that day and the next slipped away. But in my heart of hearts there was flowing a current of intense bliss, never experienced before, and I had the immediate knowledge of the light that was Mother.’

 INTIMATE TALK WITH GOD:

"God talked to me. It was not merely His vision. Yes, He talked to me. Under the banyan-tree I saw Him coming from the Ganges. Then we laughed so much! By way of playing with me He cracked my fingers. Then He talked. Yes, He talked to me.”
"I have had many amazing visions. I had a vision of the Indivisible Satchidananda."
VISION OF MAYA:
"One day He showed me the māyā of Mahamaya. A small light inside a room began to grow, and at last it enveloped the whole universe."

A SECRET EXPERIENCE OF KUNDALINI:
“Just before my attaining this state of mind, it had been revealed to me how the Kundalini is aroused, how the lotuses of the different centres blossom forth, and how all this culminates in samādhi. This is a very secret experience. I saw a boy twenty-two or twenty-three years old, exactly resembling me, enter the Sushmana nerve and commune with the lotuses touching them with his tongue. He began with the centre at the anus and passed through the centres at the sexual organ, naval, and so on. The different lotuses of those centres-four-petalled, six-petalled, ten-petalled, and so forth-had been drooping at his touch they stood erect.
"When he reached the heart-I distinctly remember it-and communed with the lotuses there, touching it with his tongue, the twelve-petalled lotus, which was hanging head down, stood erect and open its petals. Then he came to the sixteen-petalled lotus in the throat and two petalled lotus in the forehead. And last of all, the thousand-petalled lotus in the head blossomed. Since then I have been in this state."
REVEALATION OF ESSENCE OF SCRIPTUERS:
"For three days I wept continuously. And He revealed to me what is in the Vedas, the Puranas, the Tantras, and the other scriptures.”
 FOR NEW POST[click here]
  *              *                *                 *                  *

No comments: